2nd Grade Math
$99.00 – $274.00
- 2D Shapes
Ace your grades.
Improve grades or money back.
Tailored to your learning style
Taught by tutors from top US colleges
2nd Grade Math
2nd Grade, the next step after 1st Grade, is also has great significance. You build on the concepts of 1st Grade math, and also introduce new concepts in 2nd grade math which will set you to succeed for the rest of math.
Contents of the 2nd grade math class :
- Base 10: In the beginning of your 2nd grade math class, you learn a new concept, which is fundamental, base 10.The student understands what base 10 is and gets examples of what you can do with it. They also learn the places till million.
- Adding and Subtracting: In this part of the course, the student learns how to use base 10 to make addition and subtraction limitless. They also learn how add and subtract big numbers using column addition and subtraction.
- Estimating: In this section, the student will learn how to round to certain places and estimate big numbers.
- Money: After the student has learned about rounding, the student learns about money and the penny, nickel, quarter, and the dollar bills. The student will know how to read, subtract, and add money together.
- Naming 2D Shapes: Right after the student studied about money, they will learn about how to identify 2D shapes by how they look. By the end of it, will get a feel for what is a trapezoid, parallelogram, rhombus, rectangle, kite, square, circle and other polygons.
- Multiplication:In this part of course, the student learns the concept of multiplication, basically adding a certain of times. The student will understand the concept of it and use it on small numbers for now. The students also learns the multiplication tables.
- Division: Division answers a question, the question being if I take a number and I split that number into a certain amount of groups, how big is each group. The student learns that division is the inverse of multiplication. The students also does division and applies to problems.
Emma HoltSTEM student at UC BerkeleyLos Angeles and Berkeley
Nishtha ChavdaNeuroscience Major Graduate from UCLASan Francisco, California
Rebecca HoBiology Major at Brown UniversityProvidence, RI
Crystal TsuiB.S Chemical Engineering & B.S Biology from MITBay Area, CA
Joelle ParkBiological Sciences Major at Cornell UniversityBay Area, CA
Elijah JacobsBA in Mathematics with a minor in German Language at UC BerkeleyAtlanta, GA
Cindy LopezBA in Mathematics from Amherst CollegeChicago, IL
Tori WalkerBS Computational Media from Georgia TechCapiatá, Paraguay
Emilia LimBiochemistry Sophomore at the University of ChicagoSan Francisco, CA
Riya DesaiJunior at the University of Texas at Austin pursing a B.S.A. in BiochemistryAustin, Texas
Alena YouBS Civil Engineering in UC IrvineUnited States
Nico RanabhatRising sophomore in Engineering Physics at the University of Wisconsin-MadisonMadison WI
|Times A Week|
2 days a week (8 classes a month), Once a week (4 classes a month), 3 days a week (12 classes a month)