3rd Grade Math
$99.00 – $274.00
- Word Problems
Sign-up to our daily, thrice a week or weekly program with a 1:1 teacher that helps you with clarifying the concepts taught in the class and help with homework.
Ace your grades.
Improve grades or money back.
Tailored to your learning style
Taught by tutors from top US colleges
3rd Grade Math
3rd grade, the middle area where things can get a little confusing. The first signs of struggling appear here and this is where Whizsmart can help. Using simple steps and a style of learning involving actions instead of boring lectures, any student will be able to learn 3rd grade math.
Contents of the 3rd grade math class :
- Review: In the beginning of this math class, we give a review of the fundamental things in 2nd grade and they get to expand upon their basic skills of division, multiplication, estimation, and naming shapes.This will be useful later on when they need this foundation.
- Word problems: In this part of the section, the student will have their first exposure to word problems.This will involve having to develop their logical reasoning to make sure they can put the pieces together.Word problems will be slowly rolled out letting the student come up with unique ways with the the help of the teacher.
- Fractions: When they are finished making their own approach to complex problems, the student will learn about fractions. They will learn what fractions are as well as learn to compare fractions. They also learn how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions.
- Geometry: We do a review of 2D shapes, while covering 3D shapes and more. You learn how to use area and perimeter. They also get a little of their foundation in geometry complete with an understanding of lines, rays, and line segments, transformations, congruency, and symmetry.
- Patterns: Here we discuss a few types of numerical patterns, like arithmetic progressing and geometric progression. As we are only doing the fundamentals, the will only know how to identify these patterns using their skills in
Rebecca HoBiology Major at Brown UniversityProvidence, RI
Cindy LopezBA in Mathematics from Amherst CollegeChicago, IL
Tori WalkerBS Computational Media from Georgia TechCapiatá, Paraguay
Riya DesaiJunior at the University of Texas at Austin pursing a B.S.A. in BiochemistryAustin, Texas
Alena YouBS Civil Engineering in UC IrvineUnited States
Juan MartinezComputer Science Master's Student at UC Davis, B.S. in Applied Mathematics from UC MercedBay Area, CA
Alex KarpfMath Major StanfordUnited States
Aarya Robin GoenkaMath Sophomore from UCLAAhmedabad, India
Nick VecchioniEECS and Data Science Junior at UC BerkeleyBerkeley, California
Florence LiUniversity of Chicago, Biological/Environmental Science MajorNJ
Edgar ColladoD.Sc in Unmanned Systems Engineering (in progress), Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, Part-Time Engineering Professor, Part-time EntrepreneurPuerto Rico
Kelsey JianBiochemistry major at UCLALos Angeles, CA
|Times A Week|
2 days a week (8 classes a month), Once a week (4 classes a month), 3 days a week (12 classes a month)