4th Grade Math
$449.00 – $1,199.00
- Word Problems
- Data and Graphing
- Units of Measurement
- Probability and Statistics
More and more students are falling behind because of online classes at school. Also, class teachers having limited time to help individual students.
Sign-up to our daily, thrice a week or weekly program with a 1:1 teacher that helps you with clarifying the concepts taught in the class and help with homework.
Ace your grades.
Improve grades or money back.
Tailored to your learning style
Taught by tutors from top US colleges
4th Grade Math
4th grade, the middle area where things can get a little confusing. The first signs of struggling appear here and this is where Whizsmart can help. Using simple steps and a style of learning involving actions instead of boring lectures, any student will be able to learn 4th grade math.
Contents of the 4th grade math class :
- Review: In the beginning of this math class, we give a review of the fundamental things in 3rd grade and they get to expand upon their basic skills of division, multiplication, estimation, and naming shapes.This will be useful later on when they need this foundation.
- Word problems: In this part of the section, the student will have their first exposure to word problems.This will involve having to develop their logical reasoning to make sure they can put the pieces together.Word problems will be slowly rolled out letting the student come up with unique ways with the the help of the teacher.
- Fractions: When they are finished making their own approach to complex problems, the student will learn about fractions. They will learn what fractions are as well as learn to compare fractions. They also learn how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions.
- Decimals: After fully understanding the concept of fractions, the student will learn about decimals. They will learn what decimals are as well as learn to round decimals. They also learn how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions.
- Data and Graphing: Once the student has learned about fractions and decimals, they will move on to data analysis. the student will learn how to read and plot different types of graphs: line graph, bar graph, pie chart, stem and leaf graph.
- Units of measurement: In this section, the student will learn about the metric system and customary units. They will learn how to convert between the two systems of measurements. They will also learn how to convert between different measurements of time and money.
- Probability and Statistics: In this section, the student will be exposed to probability and statistics for the first time. The student will learn how to calculate the mean, median, mode, and range of a set of numbers. They will also learn how to find the probability of a certain outcome.
- Geometry: We do a review of 2D shapes, while covering 3D shapes and more. You learn how to use area and perimeter. They also get a little of their foundation in geometry complete with an understanding of lines, rays, and line segments, transformations, congruency, area, perimeter, and symmetry.
Kaitlyn AngMolecular Biology Major with Mathematics Minor - Freshman at UCLARoseville, CA
Rebecca HoBiology Major at Brown UniversityProvidence, RI
Cindy LopezBA in Mathematics from Amherst CollegeChicago, IL
Tori WalkerBS Computational Media from Georgia TechCapiatá, Paraguay
Riya DesaiJunior at the University of Texas at Austin pursing a B.S.A. in BiochemistryAustin, Texas
Alena YouBS Civil Engineering in UC IrvineUnited States
Alex KarpfMath Major StanfordUnited States
Nick VecchioniEECS and Data Science Junior at UC BerkeleyBerkeley, California
Edgar ColladoD.Sc in Unmanned Systems Engineering (in progress), Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, Part-Time Engineering Professor, Part-time EntrepreneurPuerto Rico
Kelsey JianBiochemistry major at UCLALos Angeles, CA
Abigail DeVaneCivil Engineering/Architecture Junior at University of Southern CaliforniaBay Area
Yuanmin OuyangMasters in Structural Engineering; BS in Environmental Science at UCB; one year of tutoring experienceCalifornia
|Number of Classes|
10 Classes, 20 Classes, 30 Classes