5th Grade Math
$449.00 – $1,199.00
Didn’t Completely Follow the teacher? Need help with Homework?
More and more students are falling behind because of online classes at school. Also, class teachers having limited time to help individual students.
Sign-up to our daily, thrice a week or weekly program with a 1:1 teacher that helps you with clarifying the concepts taught in the class and help with homework.
Ace your grades.
Improve grades or money back.
Tailored to your learning style
Taught by tutors from top US colleges
5th Grade Math
5th grade, the middle area where things can get a little confusing. The first signs of struggling appear here and this is where Whizsmart can help. Using simple steps and a style of learning involving actions instead of boring lectures, any student will be able to learn 4th grade math.
Contents of the 5th grade math class :
- Review: In the beginning of this math class, we give a review of the fundamental things in 4th grade and they get to expand upon their basic skills of division, multiplication, estimation, fraction, decimals, units of measurement, data analysis, and statistics.This will be useful later on when they need this foundation.
- Word problems: In this part of the section, the student will have their first exposure to word problems.This will involve having to develop their logical reasoning to make sure they can put the pieces together.Word problems will be slowly rolled out letting the student come up with unique ways with the the help of the teacher.
- Exponents: In this section, students will learn the fundamentals of exponents. First, the students will learn the powers of ten; then, they will used the same knowledge for any other base. Lastly, they will use the powers of ten in scientific notation.
- Percents: Now the student will use their previous knowledge on decimals and fractions to understand percents. The student will learn how to convert between decimals, fractions, and percents; the student will also learn how to find a percentage of different numbers.
- Variable Expressions: For the first time, the student will be exposed to equations with a variable. They will learn how to construct an expression from a word problem, and how to solve an equation with a variable.
- Geometry: We do a review of 2D shapes, while covering 3D shapes and more. You learn how to use area and perimeter. They also get a little of their foundation in geometry complete with an understanding of lines, rays, and line segments, transformations, congruency, area, perimeter, and symmetry.
Kaitlyn AngMolecular Biology Major with Mathematics Minor - Freshman at UCLARoseville, CA
Rebecca HoBiology Major at Brown UniversityProvidence, RI
Cindy LopezBA in Mathematics from Amherst CollegeChicago, IL
Tori WalkerBS Computational Media from Georgia TechCapiatá, Paraguay
Riya DesaiJunior at the University of Texas at Austin pursing a B.S.A. in BiochemistryAustin, Texas
Alena YouBS Civil Engineering in UC IrvineUnited States
Alex KarpfMath Major StanfordUnited States
Nick VecchioniEECS and Data Science Junior at UC BerkeleyBerkeley, California
Edgar ColladoD.Sc in Unmanned Systems Engineering (in progress), Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, Part-Time Engineering Professor, Part-time EntrepreneurPuerto Rico
Kelsey JianBiochemistry major at UCLALos Angeles, CA
Abigail DeVaneCivil Engineering/Architecture Junior at University of Southern CaliforniaBay Area
Yuanmin OuyangMasters in Structural Engineering; BS in Environmental Science at UCB; one year of tutoring experienceCalifornia
|Number of Classes|
10 Classes, 20 Classes, 30 Classes